Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt
2024 Finished Quilts, quilt along

Star Pulse {Finished Lap Size Quilt}

The cleaning my husband gave the foot pedal for my Juki has continued to be all that I’ve needed (no more accidental use of the thread cutter), and with a plan in place for the free motion quilting of my lap size Star Pulse quilt, I was able to get the quilt finished this week.

Trimming Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt

Trimming Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt

The great thing about trimming the Star Pulse quilt square after quilting is that the thin lines at the edges of the quilt should fall right on the 1″ mark on an acrylic ruler. It takes all of the guess work out of squaring the quilt up!

Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt - Binding and Quilting Detail

Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt – Binding and Quilting Detail

I chose the darkest background color as the binding, since that color wasn’t used much in the quilt top. The binding really is the finishing touch that this quilt needs to frame in the design (in order to get the outer skinny strips to the same size as the pieced inner strips). And in the photo above hopefully you can appreciate the color matched thread for each free motion quilting section – all that is left behind is a wonderful texture!

Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt

Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt

I am absolutely in love with how the bright Phosphor Electric fabrics (designed by Libs Elliott for Andover Fabrics) really let this lap size version of Star Pulse shine!

Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt Backing

Star Pulse Lap Size Quilt Backing

And you know that I love to use a solid for the quilt backing. I think it makes for a double sided quilt; with a solid, the backing looks like a stand alone whole cloth quilt! This backing is a new-to-me solid: Century Solids (Andover Fabrics). To me, it has a feel somewhere between Art Gallery and a sateen.

Star Pulse Lap Quilt - Quilting Detail on Quilt Back

Star Pulse Lap Quilt – Quilting Detail on Quilt Back

Even with all the thread color changes, the colors of the 50wt Aurifil thread blend in surprisingly well up close on the pink backing. It’s always fun to see what blends in and what stands out and I feel like I’m not great at predicting how that will work!

I’m really happy I was able to get my Star Pulse quilt made during the quilt along finished in time to link up with the Star Pulse QAL final linkup. I’ll also be linking up with June 2024 Favorite Finish, Needle and Thread Thursday, TGIFF, Finished or Not Friday, and Beauties Pageant.

14 thoughts on “Star Pulse {Finished Lap Size Quilt}

1. Julie says:

It’s spectacular! I always enjoy your straight line quilting. Your meander is beautiful here, lovely even all over texture.

2. Cindy Pieters says:

A beautiful quilt! I like the quilting not a complicated design but suits this quilt perfectly.

3. Gorgeous! Those colors really pop.

4. Fabulous finish! I love that you were able to get that foot into a happier mode. This pattern really shines and it is just glows. I do love when the quilt has a good spot for trimming, it makes it so much simpler. Congratulations on another beauty!

A gorgeous finish! Very bright and bold. Is it a potential candidate for entering into a quilt show?

This turned out so beautifully, Yvonne. I agree that the fabrics are real winners – what perfect choices. Really like your choice for the binding too – the perfect frame. Congrats on a stunning finish.

7. Nettie Sews says:

A beautiful quilt! So bright and cheery!

8. Eva says:

Wonderfull work. Your mathematical background helps you for sure to be so exactly and precise. Echoing another comment, yes… this is so outstanding… it should be in a show. For me… first price is yours!

9. Gwyned says:

Your use of the solid color backing gives you a two sided quilt and allows your quilting to shine. I agree with you. The vibrant colors along with the pattern allows the star shimmer.

A well-done finish. Your quilt is beautiful and at the design, crisp and clean: the hallmark of a Yvonne quilt. Congratulations on a stunning piece of art!

11. Thank you for linking up to TGIFF – and congrats on the wonderful finish and another fabulous QAL!

12. Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting says:

Ohhh, the colors!!! The quilting!!! The solid backing!!! Just so much fun to take in all the details!

13. She is beautiful!

14. Wonderful quilt front and back Yvonne! Great hot colours for summertime! I really like how the fine lines show up on the back to set off the meandering.