General Tutorials

Sewing Inset Circles {Video Tutorial}

I made a bit more progress on Mudita on Friday afternoon, and as I was adding in the next few inset circles, I thought it would be a good time to create a video tutorial for how I sew inset circles using drunkard’s path templates. So, instead of making more progress on Mudita over the weekend, I put together a YouTube video tutorial.

In the video above, I demonstrate how I use quarter circle templates to prepare fabric and sew an inset circle (including the difference between right- and left-hand cutting). For those of you who receive my blog posts via email, click here for my Sewing Inset Circles Video Tutorial.

:::In This Video:::

I’ll be linking up with Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd.

8 thoughts on “Sewing Inset Circles {Video Tutorial}

Wonderful video! I too like Jenn’s templates. Looking forward to seeing your quilt progress with the circles.

Informative video. Not sure I’ll ever have the nerve to try it, but it’s nice to see how it’s done.

3. Fabulous tutorial and thanks for always linking up to Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Gosh, this is fabulous. Your camera angles are superb, and I can’t believe how smooth you are in talking while working (my brain does not work well that way) and giving instructions as you go. Thanks for the video…now back to your regularly scheduled sewing!

6. Vicki in MN says:

Very nice video!

7. Kaja says:

Great video, Yvonne. I do these when I really have to and can’t think of an easier way to get the same effect but it is never as calm a process as you make it seem!

8. Allison Reid says:

Amazing! I didn’t know this was possible! Thank you for another clear and informative video tutorial.