Scala - Pieced Backing
Quilts

Scala {Pieced Backing}

It’s been a week of healing and recovery here, and thankfully both my husband and I are fever free and starting to both feel better and have more energy. I always say the last person to get sick in a household takes longer to recover, and that proved true for my husband.

Scala - Bonus HSTs for Pieced Backing

Scala – Bonus HSTs for Pieced Backing

Remember the Bonus HSTs I had remaining after piecing the Scala quilt top?

Scala - Pieced Backing

Scala – Pieced Backing

I was able to use them to create a fun pieced backing this week.

I plan to use a green thread to quilt a meandering leaf free motion quilting motif. I practiced that motif on my Bird on a Nest placemat. Time to baste the quilt so I can get started!

12 thoughts on “Scala {Pieced Backing}

1. Kathy R. says:

The back is going to be as cool as the front of this quilt. A good quilt to grow with.

2. Cindy Pieters says:

Ohhh! I love the back!

3. Liz Bess says:

Beautiful backing! It looks like this will be one that can be used either way…

A very cool backing. Glad you are both fever free and recovering. The flu is really no fun at all.

Love the back as much as I love the front. Glad you are well now.

6. JanineMarie says:

Yay for a two-sided quilt. The green thread will be so pretty on the black, and easy on your eyes to quilt. I’m glad you are both feeling better.

7. Sandra says:

Reversible! Will this be two patterns for the price of one? Asking for a friend…
    On another note , thanks for telling us about the thirty day yoga challenge you joined. I joined also, and it has helped me get back into a more regular yoga practice, which hadn’t been the same since Covid disruptions.

8. Paula Messier says:

Love this quilt – front and back!
    Also you are a treasure through the sharing of your processes and your use of left over fabric.
    An inspiration as always.

9. Kathleen McCormick says:

First, I am glad you are both feeling much better. Second, WOW! Love the fun back you created for this quilt. The quilting will be fun to see too and sounds perfect.

Happy you are feeling better (both) and happy to see this fun backing for your Scala quilt. So clever to give those HSTs freedom to roam. Happy quilting!

11. Both front and the back of this quilt are very striking and have such a nice modern vibe.

12. Is it a fish or a plane? No, it is a quilt block. Such a fun backing. May you continue to heal and hope you feel good as new soon.