Happy New Year! I have loved getting to see all the fabrics being selected for the Star Pulse Quilt Along, and this month we will finish our fabric preparation and get everything cut so we can spend the rest of our time sewing. If you have already purchased the Star Pulse Quilt Along, you will receive an email today with a link to the Cutting Instructions PDF. Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Star Pulse Quilt Along – Cutting Instructions. If you haven’t joined in yet, simply purchase the Star Pulse Quilt Along and I will add you to the email list and get the information out to you soon!
Note: This is my blog post and not the newsletter email with the pattern PDF link. Look for an email from email@example.com with the subject Star Pulse Quilt Along – Cutting Instructions at or after 6:15am Eastern|5:15am Central|4:15am Mountain|3:15am Pacific. Check your spam directory if you don’t see the email!
Organization is the name of the game this month. Note that pages 9 and 10 are for the single background option, which I used when I made my test version of Star Pulse earlier this year.
Pages 11 and 12 in the cutting instructions PDF are for the multi-color background version. Over my holiday break, I got all my fabric for the lap size, multi-color background version I’ll be making during the quilt along cut out. The more time I spend with the bright Phosphor Electric fabrics by Libs Elliot for Andover Fabrics, the more I love them!
Speaking of organization, printing out a copy of the fabric swatches from page 1 of the fabric requirements PDF and adding scraps from your fabrics to the correct color key while you cut your fabric would be a great idea this month, too!
A few notes:
- If you are making a lap size quilt you will not need all of the labels on page 9 or 11. The labels needed for the throw size only are noted.
- Save your excess Background (single background) or Star (multi-color background) fabric for additional cutting instructions for the bonus quilt that will be shared in May.
- Remember to consider the General Pattern Notes at the bottom of page 8, including information to help you decide if prewashing your fabrics is the right choice for you. If you decide to prewash, make sure to wash your fabric BEFORE following the cutting instructions this month!
Upcoming Star Pulse Quilt Along Schedule
- February 1, 2024 – Piecing Instructions #1
- March 1, 2024 – Piecing Instructions #2
- April 1, 2024 – Piecing Instructions #3
- May 1, 2024 – Quilt Top Assembly and Finishing Instructions
- June 1, 2024 through June 30, 2024 – Final Linkup for Pieced Quilt Tops or Finished Quilts
If you haven’t picked out your fabric for the quilt along or received it yet, not to worry! There is still lots of time. I have a blog post with a lot of colorway inspiration for you to review if you are still selecting your fabric.