Modern Quilt Guild members: if you are planning to attend QuiltCon 2022 in Phoenix (February 16-20, 2022), registration opens in just a few days on Wednesday, August 4th, at 10 am EDT/2 pm UTC! I wanted to take this opportunity to share about the workshops I will be teaching and give a few tips and tricks for registration.
Playing with Partial Seams
Partial seams are a great skill to add to your toolbox! In the 3 hour Playing with Partial Seams workshop, I will walk you through the steps to feeling confident with 90-degree partial seams and partial seams involving curves. With a little bit of practice and the tips you learn in the workshop, you will be ready to conquer any quilt on your bucket list. The mini quilt we will be working on during the workshop is perfect for featuring large scale prints from your favorite designers.
PIE005FriAM – Friday, February 18, 9 am – noon
PIE005FriPM – Friday, February 18, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
Mastering Precision Curves: Sesen
Take your piecing to the next level with the Sesen quilt! Through creative use of drunkard’s path templates, you will learn how to reduce the number of seams to create stunning and precise curve star blocks and inset curve stars. In this 6 hour workshop, I will also cover tips to help you confidently sew 90-degree partial seams. After the workshop, you just might be as hooked on sewing curves as I am!
PIE009 Saturday, February 19, 9 am – 4:30 pm
QuiltCon Registration Tips
Registration opens for Modern Quilt Guild members on Wednesday, August 4th, and in the past, workshops have sold out very, very quickly. With that in mind, here are a few of my top tips of you are hoping to register for QuiltCon 2022 in Phoenix.
- The Modern Quilt Guild has transitioned over to a new registration system provider this year, so be sure to check out the QuiltCon 2022 Registration Walkthrough webinar so that you are familiar with what to expect on Wednesday.
- Set an alarm! Make sure you are ready when registration opens, and don’t forget to convert to your local time zone. Registration opens on Wednesday, August 4 at 10 am EDT/2 pm UTC.
- If you can, use a computer, not a mobile device, for registration. I know it’s not always an option if you are traveling, but I would highly recommend using a laptop or computer instead of a mobile device.
- Don’t worry about lectures; focus on getting the workshop(s) that you want first.
- Know your top workshop priority. Be ready and know what your number one priority item is to sign up for and check out for that first. Then go back and add to your schedule.
- If a workshop is full, go ahead and sign up for the wait list. Things change and there is movement through wait lists and the sooner you get on the wait list, the more likely you will be to be to get into the workshop.
Those are my best tips to have you prepared and ready to sign up on Wednesday. I hope to see you there!