Let’s just jump right in and take a look at the goals I set for 2021 and how things are progressing.
- Host the Bokeh Quilt Along. – Complete!
- Teach at QuiltCon. – It was a great learning experience; complete!
- Expand virtual teaching options to include more workshops. – I fluctuate back and forth with what I offer, but in general this goal is met and I am teaching virtually roughly once a month which is a good rate for me.
- Continue to blog 1-2 times a week as content arises. – So far, so good.
- Release 6+ new Quilting Jetgirl patterns and continue designing. – So far, so good. 4 patterns released with at least 2 more planned AND my next quilt along pattern is progressing, too!
- Pulsar – Released!
- Arctic Summer – Not sure about this design; it’s on the backburner for now.
- Sesen – I hope to start the cover quilt for this pattern soon.
- Fractures (March 2020 MQG pattern, formerly known as Rock Candy) – Released!
- Aggregate Cross (formerly known as Bokeh; unfortunately another quilter named their design Bokeh in the spring, so I opted to rename the design when I quietly released it a few weeks ago) – Released!
- Diffraction – Not previously on my list, but it is released!
- Unnamed – Also not previously on my list, but I’m excited about this design that is evolving as I work with friends on a baby quilt.
- Quilt Along – Not previously on my list (but it should have been); design created.
- Maintain technical editing clients and grow new opportunities as time allows. – New to me, I am currently not accepting new clients so that I can continue to maintain a 1-2 business day turnaround.
- Remember to have fun and try new things! – I definitely try to remember that and in that light I said yes to working with Mister Domestic’s Love is Love pride collection to make an updated Sky Full of Stars and Love is Love bonus quilts, which were super fun!
Overall, it looks like I preloaded a lot of my goals with things that I knew I would accomplish early in the year. So, with that in mind, here are a few additional goals for the rest of my year:
- Prepare my block and instructions for the Old School BOM.
- Prepare content I have committed to creating for Aurifil.
- Prepare for the workshops that I will be teaching at QuiltCon in Phoenix next February.
Linking up with the #2021MidYearCheckIn and looking forward to catching up with everyone to see how your year is progressing!