I finished the lap size sample quilt for my upcoming Bokeh Quilt Along last week, so today I can finally reveal the design for the upcoming quilt along. I really love this design, so I hope you are ready to see a lot of photos of the quilt!
As I mentioned, I made the lap size version of Bokeh, which finishes at 60″ square.
As requested by my Patrons, Bokeh includes some curved piecing but curved piecing is not the dominant piecing method across the quilt top. In fact, you will have the option to make the quilt top without any curves as an option during the quilt along.
I used 2 1/4″ wide double fold binding and am really pleased with the points at the edge of the quilt. 🙂
Many thanks to Northcott Fabric for providing the fabrics used in the sample quilt: Toscana White Wash 9030-10 (for the background) with Dublin Gray 9040-42, Dublin Clearwater 9040-61, Dublin Bahama Breeze 9040-63, and Dublin Peacock 9040-68 (curve stars and binding).
If you love this colorway as much as I do, stay tuned for the fabric selection release; a quilt along sponsor will be offering kits in several colorways, including this version using the same Northcott fabrics!
Using 50wt Aurifil 2024 (White), I opted for straight line quilting following the soft curves of the stars to create a central crosshatch grid that moves linearly outward. Within the curve stars I used color matched 50wt Aurifl 1125 (Medium Teal) for the quilting.
I really like how the quilting pattern can be seen from the back of the quilt.
Pre-sales for the Bokeh quilt along open in 1 week, on November 16th. The Bokeh quilt along will offer 3 quilt sizes: mini (24″ x 24″), baby (48″ x 48″), and lap (60″ x 60″). In addition, each quilt size will have 3 piecing options:
- Inset curve stars
- Traditional drunkard’s path style curves
- No curves
The quilt along should offer something for everyone!
The Bokeh quilt along will officially begin on December 1st when the fabric selection instructions are released. All Quilting Jetgirl patrons are automatically included in the quilt along. I hope you join us!
Bokeh Quilt Along Schedule
- Monday, November 16, 2020 – Bokeh Quilt Along Pre-Sales Open
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – Bokeh Quilt Along Starts – Fabric Selection
- Monday, January 4, 2021 – Cutting Instructions
- Monday, January 25, 2021 – Piecing #1
- Monday, February 15, 2021 – Piecing #2
- Monday, March 8, 2021 – Piecing #3
- Monday, March 29, 2021 – Piecing #4
- Monday, April 19, 2021 – Quilt Top Assembly and Finishing Instructions
- Saturday, May 1, 2021 – Monday, May 31, 2021 – Finished Quilt Tops or Finished Quilts Linkup