Mark your calendars! I just put the finishing touches on the first draft of the Bokeh quilt along pattern, and I am excited today to share the schedule for the upcoming quilt along. The Bokeh quilt along will offer 3 quilt sizes: mini (24″ x 24″), baby (48″ x 48″), and lap (60″ x 60″). In addition, each quilt size will have 3 piecing options; more details on the options will be shared at a later date.
I received a lot of great feedback from my Patrons, which helped me define the parameters for quilt sizes and complexity for this quilt along. I am looking forward to sharing the quilt design, but for now I put together a fun animated GIF.
In photography, bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in out-of-focus parts of an image. Bokeh has also been defined as “the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light”. Differences in lens aberrations and aperture shape cause very different bokeh effects. Wikipedia
To participate, I will be asking quilters to purchase the Bokeh quilt along pattern, which I will release in sections as the quilt along progresses, and all Quilting Jetgirl Patrons will be included in the quilt along for free as the yearly quilt pattern reward.
The beginning of the quilt along schedule is very relaxed to account for the upcoming holidays. In 2021, the quilt along will settle into a 3-week pace with a full month and a half for the final finishing and any catch up. I hope that you will sew along with me!
Bokeh Quilt Along Schedule
- Monday, November 16, 2020 – Bokeh Quilt Along Pre-Sales Open
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – Bokeh Quilt Along Starts – Fabric Selection
- Monday, January 4, 2021 – Cutting Instructions
- Monday, January 25, 2021 – Piecing #1
- Monday, February 15, 2021 – Piecing #2
- Monday, March 8, 2021 – Piecing #3
- Monday, March 29, 2021 – Piecing #4
- Monday, April 19, 2021 – Quilt Top Assembly and Finishing Instructions
- Saturday, May 1, 2021 – Monday, May 31, 2021 – Finished Quilt Tops or Finished Quilts Linkup