Now that all the fabric has been cut and prepped, it’s time to start sewing it back together!
If you have already purchased the Push-Pull Quilt Along pattern, you will receive an email today linking to the Piecing #1 Instructions. Look for an email from Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl with the subject Push-Pull Quilt Along – Piecing #1. If you haven’t joined in yet, simply purchase the Push-Pull Quilt Along and I will add you to the email list and get the information out to you soon!
Note: Check your spam directory if you don’t see the email!
One thing you might want to consider before beginning your piecing is what thread color you want to use. I typically piece using 50wt Aurifil 2600 (Dove), which is a very light gray thread. Because the majority of my quilt will be dark blue, I opted to used a medium blue thread that blends very well with the dark and medium fabrics in my quilt top. Piecing using your favorite neutral thread (gray, white, tan, etc.) is a great option, but now would be a great time to consider if you want to use something else for this project.
What’s Next? Upcoming QAL Schedule
Starting today, the quilt along will settle into a 3-week pace with a full month and a half for the final finishing and any catch up.
- Monday, February 24, 2020 – Piecing #2
- Monday, March 16, 2020 – Piecing #3
- Monday, March 30, 2020 – Sunday, April 5, 2020 – Midway Linkup
- Monday, April 6, 2020 – Piecing #4
- Monday, April 27, 2020 – Piecing #5
- Monday, May 18, 2020 – Quilt Top Assembly and Finishing Instructions
- Monday, June 1, 2020 – Tuesday, June 30, 2020 – Finished Quilt Tops or Finished Quilts Linkup