With fabric selections made, it’s time to get cutting! If you have already purchased the Push-Pull Quilt Along pattern, you will receive an email today with the Cutting Instructions. Look for an email from Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl with the subject Push-Pull Quilt Along – Cutting Instructions. If you haven’t joined in yet, simply purchase the Push-Pull Quilt Along and I will add you to the email list and get the information out to you soon!
Note: Check your spam directory if you don’t see the email!
I’ll be sewing along during the quilt along making a queen size version in blues using some Carolyn Friedlander prints for the top and a wide quilt backing from Backside Fabrics for the back (the backing fabric is on the far left in the photo above).
Don’t forget: Backside Fabrics is offering a 15% off coupon that is good through June 30, 2020. Use coupon code backsidejetgirl1920 when you check out.
If you still haven’t selected or received your fabric, you have plenty of time! I know that starting a quilt along in December with the holidays is hard, so we have a full month for the cutting instructions to allow extra time for fabric to arrive or orders to be placed. The next set of instructions will be sent out on February 3rd.
What’s Next? Upcoming QAL Schedule
The beginning of the quilt along schedule is very relaxed to account for the holidays, so the next set of instructions will be released on February 3rd, 2020. From there, the quilt along will settle into a 3-week pace with a full month and a half for the final finishing and any catch up.
- Monday, February 3, 2020 – Piecing #1
- Monday, February 24, 2020 – Piecing #2
- Monday, March 16, 2020 – Piecing #3
- Monday, March 30, 2020 – Sunday, April 5, 2020 – Midway Linkup
- Monday, April 6, 2020 – Piecing #4
- Monday, April 27, 2020 – Piecing #5
- Monday, May 18, 2020 – Quilt Top Assembly and Finishing Instructions
- Monday, June 1, 2020 – Tuesday, June 30, 2020 – Finished Quilt Tops or Finished Quilts Linkup