I hope that you are getting as excited as Cheryl (Meadow Mist Designs) and I am about the upcoming Tips and Tutorials Festival! The festival will open for links to tutorials on Monday, November 12th.
- Submissions open at Midnight Eastern on Monday, November 12th, and close at 11:59 PM Eastern on Friday, November 16th.
- There will be 2 categories open for submissions, so please enter into the most appropriate category:
- Block and Quilt Tutorials
- Other Tutorials (Sewing, Other Sewn/Quilted Items, Quilting Tutorials)
- You can submit up to 4 tutorials: 2 per category or all 4 in one category. The choice is yours!
- We encourage fresh, new content, so we ask that you link up posts that have be published since November 2017.
- Please only link up blog posts (no Instagram or Facebook posts).
- Voting opens at Midnight Eastern on Saturday, November 17th, and closes at 11:59 PM Eastern on Tuesday, November 20th.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, November 26th!
- The festival link up and voting are the same on both Cheryl’s blog and my blog so you only enter/vote through one blog and it will show up on both.
We are able to offer prizes to the people with the top 3 votes in each category thanks to our very generous sponsors! Below are the sponsors and prizes for the Tips and Tutorials Festival in reverse alphabetical order:
Whims and Fancies – Digital quilt patterns
In addition to designing wonderful paper pieced and traditionally pieced quilt patterns, Soma also shares photography, drawing, and painting inspiration on her blog.
Sarah Maxwell – Sew Sweet Flannel Plaid 14-piece fat quarter bundle
Sarah designs fabrics for Marcus Fabrics. Her newest collection contains a rainbow of print colors.
Quilting Jetgirl – Digital quilt patterns
Quilting Jetgirl specializes in modern quilts, especially quilts that contain a transparency element. Through her blog, Yvonne educates, inspires, and supports quilters and strengthens the online quilting community.
Quilter’s Planner – Quilter’s Planner bundle
The Quilter’s Planner is a yearly organizer designed specifically for quilters. The planner also comes with a magazine with a year long quilt along as well as over 10 other quilt patterns.
Pattern Drop – $30 gift certificate
Pattern Drop is a PDF quilt pattern of the month club, featuring premium, fully tested, unique, and beautiful quilt patterns.
OLFA – 45mm rotary cutter and endurance blades
OLFA makes superior cutters, mats, rulers and more; the perfect tools to cut fabrics and make accurate quilts.
Needle and Foot – $20 gift certificate
Needle and Foot is an Etsy shop specializing in high quality quilting cottons and has different special guest artist curated fabric bundles each month.
Meadow Mist Designs – Digital quilt patterns
Meadow Mist Designs focuses on producing innovative patterns with clear instructions.
Make Modern Magazine – Four 6-month subscriptions
Make Modern is a 6-time a year digital quilt magazine filled with tons of quilt patterns, columns, and more.
Honey, Bunny, and Doll – Four digital pattern bundle
Honey, Bunny, and Doll is Etsy shop selling fabric and quilt patterns. They have a large selection of Kona solid fabrics.
Hobbs Batting – Wool and silk battings
Hobbs strives to create the best battings for quilters and has many options such as wool, cotton, polyester, and silk for quilters to choose from.
FreeSpirit Fabrics – 3 pc. FQ bundle of Anna Maria Horner Conservatory
FreeSpirit has high quality fabrics with collections by some of the most popular quilt fabric designers in the industry.
Fat Quarter Shop – $75 gift certificate
Fat Quarter Shop features high quality quilting fabric for quilting, sewing, crafters and fabric lovers of all ages. Free shipping on orders over $80!
Aurifil – 12 large spool thread collection
Aurifil is a favorite of quilters for their high quality, wonderful colors, and variety of thread weights.
Tips and Tutorials Schedule
- Monday, November 12 – Submissions Open
- Friday, November 16 – Submissions Close
- Saturday, November 17 – Voting Opens
- Tuesday, November 20 – Voting Closes
- Monday, November 26 – Winners Announced