Yesterday, I learned about the Instagram account @stitchersforunitedfamilies, which is hosting an Instagram based quilt auction July 9-13 to benefit RAICES and the immigrant and refugee families in crisis. This account is operated by @katebasti and @ohsewbrooke. I have posted the bidding rules below, and if you are interested, please visit @stitchersforunitedfamilies to place a bid.
1. Bidding begins on Monday, July 9 at 10am EST and ends on Friday, July 13 at 4pm EST.
2. Winning bidders will be contacted by Brooke @ohsewbrooke or Kate @katebastiat the conclusion of the auction.
3. Please note starting bid amounts and any shipping restrictions in each caption.
4. To start a bid, simply comment with your bid amount.
5. When outbidding someone, please comment with your bid amount and tag the person you’ve outbid.
6. Please bid in whole dollar increments.
7. All bids are in US dollars.
Also starting yesterday is the OLFA Summer Pillowcase Challenge. All pillowcases will be donated to Ronald McDonald House or Ryan’s Cases for Smiles. Pillowcases must be postmarked by August 31, 2018 for entry into drawing, and pillowcases must be submitted with ENTRY FORM (Only 1 form per shipment is needed. Note number of pillowcases in designated spot on entry form.). (9) Nine winners will be drawn at random from all entries. (1) One Grand Prize winner will be the entry with the most pillowcases submitted. Visit the OLFA Craft Blog for the full details on the OLFA Summer Pillowcase Challenge and all the prize basket details.