Spiraling Petals in Simply Moderne 9
Blogger's Quilt Festival, Quilt Gallery, Quilt Pattern

Spiraling Petals {Blogger’s Quilt Festival and Pattern Release}

Hello and welcome to Quilting Jetgirl! For those of you new to my blog who might be visiting from the Blogger’s Quilt Festival hosted by Amy from Amy’s Creative Side, my name is Yvonne Fuchs and I am a modern quilter with a love for strong geometric design and color value / transparency, designer, tech editor, and blogger.

My first entry to the Blogger’s Quilt Festival is Spiraling Petals. (Transparent Ribbons is my second entry.)

Spiraling Petals in Simply Moderne 9

Spiraling Petals in Simply Moderne 9, photo courtesy of Quiltmania

I have developed an affinity for using transparency as a technique for achieving a balance and interest in my quilt pattern designs. One definition of transparency is “something… viewed by light shining through it.”1 In addition, transparency as a behavior implies openness, communication, and accountability.2 In Spiraling Petals, the goal was to merge both aspects of transparency together to create a modern, graphic quilt depicting an opening rose; hence the soft, round edges and sharp, crisp points merging together into a cohesive whole.

Spiraling Petals - Quilting Detail

Spiraling Petals – Quilting Detail

I used 50wt Aurifl 4020 (Fuchsia – darkest), 2530 (Blossom Pink), 2423 (Baby Pink), & 2021 (Natural White – lightest) to densely quilt each color blocked area in the quilt. Robert Kaufman provided the following Kona Cotton Solids for this project: Pearl Pink (lightest), Pink, Bubblegum, and Pomegranate (darkest). If I were do it all again… I would substitute Medium Pink for Pink. 😉

Spiraling Petals in Simply Moderne 9

Spiraling Petals in Simply Moderne 9, photo courtesy of Quiltmania

Quilt Stats

Size: 74 1/2″ x 74 1/2″
Batting: Dream Green by Quilter’s Dream
Quilting Patterns: Micro loops, double loops, swirls/raindrops, and swirl flowers

I am also excited to announce that the PDF pattern for Spiraling Petals is available for sale in my Craftsy and Etsy stores today! The pattern retails for $10, but if you sign up for my Quilting Jetgirl Sales Newsletter, you will receive a 20% off coupon code that you can apply at checkout in Etsy to reduce the price of anything you purchase on Etsy (including all of my other PDF patterns and my selection of printed patterns) through the end of September.

Wayward Transparency Quilt Along

For those that are new to my blog, please check out the Wayward Transparency Quilt Along; we are just getting started!

20 thoughts on “Spiraling Petals {Blogger’s Quilt Festival and Pattern Release}

1. Congrats on your new release, Yvonne! Spiraling Petals in pink is so pretty! The quilting detail is beautiful!

2. This is one of my favorites of yours! Congrats on the pattern release!

I just love this quilt and the quilting texture is so yummy! Congrats on the pattern release!

4. Congrats on the release of this wonderful pattern! The pinks in this quilt are just so happy and bright!

5. Paula S. Pike says:

Yvonne, I love this quilt for it’s design, use of color and the variations on the quilting.

6. Cate says:

You’re just non-stop brilliant, aren’t you? I love this quilt, but I always enjoy your work, so no surprise there!

7. Gotta be one of my all time faves you’ve designed! Just. So. Good!

8. Brenda Ackerman says:

Hello Yvonne; Oh how splendid for you, Congratulations on Creating another beautiful pattern and releasing the pattern for sale! I truly am proud of you!! The quilting in this quilt is so beautiful and fits the quilt itself so perfectly, You did a marvelous job from start to finish in my opinion! Thank you for sharing your newest success with us! Have a great day!

9. Sylvia says:

Such a fun quilt! Congrats on the pattern release!

10. kairleoaks says:

I’m in love with the design and colors. Your work is beautiful and creative.

11. Congratulations on another published pattern. I love the colors of this quilt and the quilting too! You have a definite style in your designs unique to you.

12. Kaja says:

I like the packaging for your pattern – it looks very appealing. The quilt, of course, is lovely too!

13. Sally says:

Goodness! I thought the quilt looked pretty neat in that first photo, but then look at all that quilting! So very pretty and vibrant.

14. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Yvonne,
    I can really see the transparent design in this quilt – maybe even more than transparent ribbons. This is really a love design, quilt and quilting. ~smile~ Roseanne

15. This is a stunning design Yvonne and beautifully quilted, well done!

16. To me… your quilt looks like a close-up of the center of a flower. COOL!!

17. This quilt is so pretty!! I’m wondering if you ever sleep? There’s so much creativity happening in your sewing studio that machine must run by itself.

18. Congrats on another awesome quilt design! Love the pink 🙂

Very pretty in pink! Congrats on the new pattern.

20. I loved seeing this one again, especially your tiny quilting.