I mentioned in early July that I was contacted by Kim of Cotton Cuts to take part in a charity version of their upcoming Puzzle Mystery Quilt. Each month a new blogger will complete the month’s clues and then ship them back to Cotton Cuts. Cotton Cuts will sew the puzzle pieces together and then hold an auction for the finished quilt, with all money going toward the sheltered workshop for disabled individuals that they use for their fulfillment, Valley Industries. You can read more details about the fulfillment process and facility in Sheila’s recap from the July clue. I received the August clue and it was fast and fun to put the pieces together!
The clue comes with the fabric precut (how fantastic is that??) and beautifully presented in its packaging.
The sewing did not take long at all. Less than an hour after I began, all the pieces were sewn together!
As you can see, Kim also supplied me with an pen so that I could sign one of the blocks for inclusion in the charity quilt. You can have a chance to win the quilt by entering the raffle (link below). Each of the bloggers will sign their blocks, so this really will be a one of a kind quilt!
Each blogger will make up one of the clues and send it to Kim who will complete the quilt. Here is the list of blogs where you will be able to follow the quilt being made:
- July – Sheila Christensen (www.mysteryquilter.com)
- August – Yvonne Fuchs (www.quiltingjetgirl.com)
- September – Teri Lucas (www.terificreations.com)
- October – Wendy Welsh (www.wendysquiltsandmore.
- November – Nicole Young (www.lillyella.com)
- December – Chris Dodsley (www.madebychrissied.blogspot.
- January – Amy Smart (www.diaryofaquilter.com)
- February – Sam Hunter (www.huntersdesignstudio.com)
- March – Cheryl Sleboda (www.muppin.com)
I look forward to following along and seeing the other pieces that are sewn each month, and I’ll be sure to share final details on how the quilt comes together next year!