On Monday I was able to start cutting and sewing with the fun airplane print inspired fabric selection for a commissioned baby quilt. I am reprising the Flight Path baby quilt pattern from earlier this summer, and this time I am calling the quilt Ready, Set, Fly.
To go from fabric to a pieced 42.5-inch square quilt top has taken me 3.5 hours. I pieced this version of the quilt top slightly differently than the last time so that I could use a large, single cut of fabric for the larger airplane print flying geese blocks.
The quilt is all set up on my longarm and I hope to quilt and bind it today!
I also love getting to see just how close the quilt top can match with the graphic design.
Two weeks ago I shared my long WIP list that I wanted to work through by the end of the year. I have marked 4 items off the list and when I finish this baby quilt it will be my 5th item off the list. Since getting to mark items off a list virtually is just as satisfying as doing it on paper in person, here is my updated list! 🙂
Finish Secret Sewing Project #2 Quilting a quilt top for a local client
- Baby Quilt Commission <– In Work!
- Chakra Mini Quilt Commission
- Downstream (finish in time to submit to QuiltCon)
- Large Cocoa Leaf Medallion Quilt Commission (inspired by my original Cocoa Leaf Medallion quilt, but this one is slightly smaller, a bit different (more modern) and intended for people who own a Cocoa farm!)
Paintbrush Studio New Block Charity Quilt
- Banner Plus Bee Block Quilt (I just ordered backing, then quilt, bind, and gift to my new niece who is expected in late November / early December)
Mini quilt for Patreon
- Mini quilt for Patreon
- Mini quilt for Kitty
- Mini mini for Patreon
Linking up with Let’s Bee Social.