I am hosting an Alison Glass charm swap! I have a project idea that is going to require a lot of different Alison Glass prints and 5 inch charms would work perfectly, so this is a completely selfish swap. But after testing the waters, I think that there should be enough interest to make this a fun swap (beyond being super helpful for me). After talking with my friends Michelle @From Bolt to Beauty and Chelsea @Patch the Giraffe (who have successfully held 2 charm swaps), I got enough help and information to kick this off. Let’s do this!
Sorry to all my international friends, due to postage and this being my first swap, I am going to limit it to the United States only.
Photo Credit: Christa Watson (@christaquilts)
- Each person in the swap must have a public Instagram account. To keep as much variety in the swap as possible, you must post a picture of the Alison Glass fabric that you plan to use in the swap to Instagram, tag me (@quiltingjetgirl) and use the hashtag #2016AlisonGlassCharmSwap. Please be sure to check the hashtag and post your intended fabric selection prior to ordering your fabric to make sure no one else has that exact print / colorway chosen already!
- Each person will purchase 1 1/2 yards of fabric and cut it into 5 inch charm squares. 1 1/2 yards can yield (80) 5 inch charms, so there is a little bit of wiggle room in case of a miscut (I personally ordered 2 yards so that I can have some yardage left over for my stash, too!).
- Scale matters! Choose prints that will work with a 5 inch square (smaller prints work the best for charms, there are a few Alison Glass prints that might not be suitable like her Ex Libris panel print).
- Fabric must be new and unwashed from a smoke free home.
- Before mailing, cut the fabric into (72) 5 inch by 5 inch charm squares, and prior to cutting, press/iron to ensure accuracy.*
- Send your (72) 5 inch charm squares from a single fabric in a Ziploc bag with an index card with your name and email address.
*Disclaimer: Cutting accuracy will be beyond my/your control. The charms that you will receive will be similar to a precut in that they may not all be 100% accurate.
Are you convinced yet? Head over to the Google Doc’s page and sign up! Remember this is first come, first serve. The first five extra peeps will be placed on an alternate list in case anyone drops out. Also check out the Instagram #2016AlisonGlassCharmSwap hashtag to see what everyone is getting before purchasing your fabric!