The One Lovely Blog Award is making its way across quilting blogland, and I was recently nominated by Vanni @my odds and ends. Vanni is a very new quilt blogger (I think she has been blogging for just over a month!), so please go check out her blog and say “Hi!” Thank you so much for the nomination, Vanni, I appreciate this community so much and am excited that you have joined your voice to the online discussion. 🙂
With the nomination comes a set of rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the image of the award on your post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
So, after much thought (why is this so hard to do?), here is my list of seven random facts:
- I have been listening to a lot of Chill Step music through YouTube playlists lately. I am especially fond of the Arctic Empire No Vocals Playlist and the Best of Chillstep Pulse8 Playlist.
- I love eating snow cones in the summer. My favorite flavor is Tiger’s Blood, and somehow I have only had one good snow cone this summer (I bought another one but it tasted like aspirin so I threw it away – so sad!).
- When I was younger, my hair was white blond. As I have aged, my hair has naturally darkened and now when I have to fill out a form that asks my hair color, I am perpetually confused about what to say. I still mentally consider myself a blond, but I suppose I now technically have brown hair??
- Just a few weeks ago my husband and I finally joined the 21st century and got smart phones and a texting plan. I think it’s hilarious that we are such late adopters to texting and modern phones.
- Recently I was able to fly in an airplane designed and built by Burt Rutan for the first time.
- I have a lot of favorite foods, but my husband calls chips, salsa, and guacamole “Yvonne bait”. The only other perfect food group missing from that combination is cheese. 😉
- I am a morning person and my husband is a night owl. I worry that when he retires and is no longer forced to wake up at a particular time that we may never see each other!
Instead of wrapping up by nominating another list of bloggers, I want to do something a bit different. Earlier this week, Diana @Red Delicious Life wrote a blog post titled Aspire to Inspire, which I think dovetails very nicely with the sentiment of the One Lovely Blog award. Diana wrote:
When I started on this quilting and blogging journey, I didn’t do it for anyone other than myself. I think that’s how most of us start out. That is still the case for me, but what keeps me motivated and wanting to try new things are those that have truly inspired me with their creativity and passion.
Diana went on to say lovely things about me, which was surprising, touching, and deeply appreciated. The quote above resonated very deeply with me, and I really want to also thank Diana for putting voice to that sentiment. I am guessing many of you quilt and blog for the same reasons she lists above. I think it is awesome what we can inspire one another to try and accomplish by interacting online.
Thank you for following along on my quilting journey with me, especially to those who have left comments on my blog over the years. Interacting and discussing and connecting with you all has been vital to my growth and excitement. So I nominate anyone who is so moved: consider this your nomination for the One Lovely Blog award. I want to extend deep gratitude to you for continuing to come along with me on this journey, and I am excited to see what we are all inspired to try next.