As I mentioned yesterday, I feel like I am a bit behind this month. It’s not that I am truly behind on commitments, but I do like to keep as up to date as possible. Another one of those projects that I felt I was behind a bit on is Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs‘ Meadow Mystery Quilt. She released the Cutting Instructions on August 4th, and I was finally able to spend time at the cutting mat and scratching my head to get my fabrics cut.
The reason it took me a bit of head scratching and thought is that I chose to work with (2) half yard cuts for my fabrics B, C, and D, so I did my best to come up with a cutting solution. It’s all my best guess, though, since this is a mystery quilt!
The only cut fabric grouping I am a bit unsure of is Fabric C; I was not able to get all of the 5″ squares cut from a single fabric color, so we’ll see how that plays out!
The Peppered Cottons from StudioE (that I used for Fabrics A, B, C, and D) fray easily, so hopefully I can handle and work with the piecing carefully enough over the coming months, too. I am definitely still happy with my colors and fabric selection overall, though, and with all these cut pieces, I am starting to wonder just how many HSTs we’ll be sewing next month, LOL!