Welcome to the first week of the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop where I get to introduce you to the first set of bloggers from my hive. I hope you will take the time to visit each of my 4 hive member’s blogs today:
Amanda @Gypsy Moon Quilt Co.
Paige @Quilted Blooms
Tish @Tish’s Adventures In Wonderland
Melva @Melva Loves Scraps
If you have time, please also visit my co-hosts Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs and Stephanie @Late Night Quilter as they are introducing members of their hives today as well!
In addition to checking out the hopper’s blogs, check out these great new advice posts from seasoned veterans:
- Ruth @ Charly & Ben’s Corner: On Blogging–Being brave & putting yourself out there
- Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs: Buying Your Domain Name
- Dianna @Red Delicious Life: Pinterest as a Blog Organizational Tool
- Lorna @Sew Fresh Quilts: Top 10 Tips to Grow Your Blog
- Lorna @Sew Fresh Quilts: Top 10 Tips for New Quilters
- Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl: Truth About Talent
2016 New Quilt Bloggers Week 1 Giveaway!
We are so thankful to our generous sponsors of the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop! This week you can enter to win one of these fabulous prizes:
- Fat Quarter Shop – $50 Gift Certificate
- Aurifil 12 Large Spool Designer Collection – Amy Sinibaldi, Sweetly Stitched (28 and 50wt)
- Hawthorne Threads – $40 Gift Certificate
- The Quilter’s Planner 2017 Starter Kit (Planner, Pens, Clips, Highlighers)
- Mini Barn Quilts – Winner’s Choice of (1) of the (6) Original Mini Barn Quilts
- Story Patches – $25 Starter Kit (Patches & Pen)
- Stitches Quilting – $30 Gift Certificate
- Meadow Mist Designs – Winner’s Choice of (2) Digital PDF Patterns
- Quilting Jetgirl – Winner’s Choice of (2) Digital PDF Patterns
You can earn up to 6 entries to this giveaway:
- Answer a blogging related question
- Answer a fun question
- Visit Late Night Quilter on Facebook
- Visit Meadow Mist Designs on Facebook
- Visit Quilting Jetgirl on Facebook
Just use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter!
The giveaway will run from June 13th through June 17th 11:59 pm EST and is open to entrants 18 years or older. Winners will be announced Sunday, June 19th!
Linking up with Main Crush Monday and Let’s Bee Social.
16 thoughts on “The Sewcial Network Blog Hop Week 1 & Giveaway”
i am so excited, just received the first box for a mystery quilt from Gourmet Quilters in Tauranga New Zealand, am looking so much forward to seeing the pattern unfold! Never done applique so a new learning curve ahead, can hardly wait!
I remember bring do nervous doing my new bloggers blog hop post all those years ago (lol) Looking forward to meeting the new bloggers 🙂
Great giveaway – thank you! I will be visiting all the Blog Hoppers in your Hive later on today!
Happy blog hop.
Thank you Yvonne for supporting new quilt bloggers like me! This week will be very exciting.
This is going to be so much fun getting to know all the new bloggers taking part in the hop this year. Thanks so much for all your hard work to make everyone feel welcome, Yvonne!
Thank you so much for leading the bloggers hop and for all that you have done for me and these new quilters 🙂
Yay! So glad the blog hop is finally starting up!
Thanks, Yvonne, for all you (and Cheryl, and Stephanie) have done to make this possible! It’s been a really fabulous experience so far and I’m excited that the fun is just beginning!
Wow, lots of fun new blogs to read that I didn’t get much else done today! Thanks for hosting us newbies. Karen
A huge thank you for all the hard work you do putting this hop together!
It’s just wonderful, what you and Cheryl and Stephanie do for new quilt bloggers Yvonne! Thank you for all your hard work!
Good Afternoon Yvonne! I apologize for being so late to the opening of the party. But life sometimes gets in the way. I have only looked at one blogger so far, but in time, I will get to everyone! I also checked out the blog post about Pinterest…very interesting with lots of links to go farther in discovering (again not right now but saved for a time when I can). I really think these type of blog hops are spectacular and are such a wonderful help to so many, Thank you and the others involved for putting it all together and really making a difference for these new bloggers! I have been horrible at blogging and just can not seem to find the time. Oh well, it is what it is. I hope that you have a fantastic creative day!
I’m struggling so much with blogging time as it is that I know realistically I’m not going to get to everyone on this blog hop, but I also remember how lovely it was (is!) to have people take the time to stop by and comment when you’re relatively new to blogging, so I’ve just gone to one at least (and it had to be Melva loves scraps – for the scraps!), I’ll try and get to more as and when.