Woodland Animals Baby Quilt Fabrics
Quilts

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt Flimsy

Do you remember the sweet woodland animal prints I was crushing on from the Fat Quarter Shop a few weeks ago? Well, my client liked them a lot, too, so I purchased them and knew that it would be the first project to tackle when I returned home from QuiltCon.

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt Fabrics

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt Fabrics

I paired the cute prints with some solids – the Kona Oyster for resting space for the eyes. Following my Owl City Baby Quilt Tutorial, I took my time cutting out and preparing to piece the quilt top.

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt - Layout

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt – Layout

The green (Kona Leprechaun) around the edge of the layout will actually become the binding. I spent an hour prepping all the fabric.

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt Finished Flimsy

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt Finished Flimsy

I was able to piece the top in 1.5 hours. Not bad for 2.5 hours of time back in my sewing room this week. I hope I have a finish to share soon!

Linking up with Finish it Friday.

22 thoughts on “Woodland Animals Baby Quilt Flimsy

1. 2nana50 says:

Hi again Jetgirl… Yvonne, I hope this finds you well. I like your quilt, the only question is did thru not have a big design one, or am animal to applique?

Love the colors. Hang there! New site ’16.

1. 2nana50 says:

Don’t you hate auto correct, I’m a spelling buff and can’t get a machine to print what I type.

2. Cindy says:

This is going to be an adorable quilt. I like how you are showcasing the animals,

3. Liz says:

Nice fussy cutting!

4. Lisa says:

This is a nice little hit of colour for the end of winter. Love it.

5. Miriam says:

What a delightful baby quilt! The simplicity is perfect, and the figures are showcased by the white with the colors giving rhythm like piano keys… I can hear the happy woodland sounds!

Great design! You didn’t waste any time getting back in the groove after Quiltcom! Looking forward to seeing your quilting!

6. It’s the perfect little quilt to get you back in the sewing room after QuiltCon! Adorable fabric…so different from your last baby quilt!!

7. Renee says:

Oh man those critters are cute! Great choice of solids to pair with it. It’s such a good baby quilt with high contrast, patterns, and animals!

8. Who can resist Ann Kelle’s wee woodland critters? Not me. Those foxes have a home in my stash… in two colour pathways. Lovin’ the Leprechaun binding too!

9. Jasmine says:

Darling! I love how you selected a few animal prints with different backgrounds and sizes of prints.

10. Paige says:

So cute! Great lights, mediums and darks and variation in scale!

11. Ioleen says:

Very nice baby quilt. Love your fabric choices.

12. Karen says:

Yvonne, this is the cutest baby quilt ever–and such great colors! Perfect for a baby now, and later there can be all kinds of games with those precious animals. Pinning it just in case there’s a baby in my future–er, not MY future (at 67), but . . . Welcome home from QuiltCon–sounds like a wonderful, exhausting adventure. And how are those thighs ;(

13. Good Morning Yvonne! This is an adorable baby quilt! The special animal fabrics are highlighted perfectly with the solids. Plus, having a simple design with a baby quilt sometimes is the absolute perfect way to showcase the fabrics and the quilting! I can not wait to see the quilting you decide to do! Thank you for sharing and have a fantastic day creating!

14. Jan O says:

So cute! I like how you fussy cut the critters to feature them. Your client is sure to love this quilt!

15. Shauna says:

very cute, I love the green it will frame it well

16. That fabric is just gorgeous!!! Isn’t it great once everything is cut out?

17. Very cute! I like how you were able to fussy cut some of the prints. I have never used oyster from Kona, it looks like a really great neutral background color.

18. Helen says:

Lots of vibrant colours for a baby and lots of things to discover in this quilt
    Look forward to the finish

19. jifisher says:

What a great way to utilize a novelty print. I can’t wait to see how you quilt it because knowing you, it will be amazing!

20. Sally says:

Love how they work with the bright solids, very effective.