Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs is kicking off her Pattern Writing Series today. I hope you head over to her blog to check out the details and see the planning and hard work she has put into cultivating this series for you.
Pattern Writing Series Topics
Topic I – Series Introduction
Topic II – Quilt Design
Topic III – Adapting a Quilt Design into a Pattern
Topic IV – General Pattern Guidelines
Topic V – Quilt Math
Topic VI – Computer Programs for Illustration and Pattern Design
Topic VII – Illustrations and Text
Topic VIII – Testing
Topic IX – Publishing
Topic X – Wrap Up
Most topics will contain a series of posts (with a few being combined into the same week together):
- Monday – a post from me going into depth on the weekly topic illustrating the topic using a sample quilt patter
- Wednesday – a round table discussion on the topic by our panel of pattern designers
- Tuesday and/or Thursday – some weeks will contain an extra post related to an aspect or experience with the topic by one of our pattern designers.
The designers Cheryl has brought together to add to her series are:
- Amy of 13 Spools
- Anne of Springleaf Studios
- Christa of Christa Quilts
- Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts
- Soma of Whims and Fancies
- Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl
I hope you join us by following along with Cheryl’s blog over the next few months!