On Monday, I started quilting the Red Herring quilt. I have known all along that I wanted to go with a very dense matchstick quilting for it, and I am over halfway done with the quilting. I am super excited and pleased with how it is coming together!
Over the row with the Red Herring arrow, I blended in and quilted using 50wt Aurifil #2460 (Dark Carmine Red). Otherwise, I am using 50wt Aurifil #5005 (Bright Turquoise).
I enjoyed blending the red in and out of the quilt. I am itching to get this finished so that I can show off the full effect to you!
The quilting is very organic and not perfectly spaced… and the texture is so fun to run my hands over!
Yes, that’s a lot of photos… but it’s also a lot of quilting! As I was working my way along, I realized that I was going to need another large spool of thread to finish the quilt, so I placed an order. And then I found one shade lighter (50wt Aurifil #5006, Light Turquoise) in my stash, so I changed to using the lighter 5006 in the bobbin and kept 5005 for the quilt top. Hopefully I can make a Friday Finish with the quilt this week. Stay tuned!
View this post on Instagram
I might have found a way to stretch the thread I have on hand far enough to finish the dense #MatchstickQuilting for the #RedHerringQuilt! Winding bobbins using 50wt @aurifilthread #5006 and I will keep using 50wt #Aurifil #5005 on the top. The @studio_e_fabrics teal prisms print on the back should hide / blend the bobbin color differences pretty well, I hope! Also, I am halfway done with the quilting!! 😊