Today I am excited to be sharing a nautical mini quilt tutorial on the Inspired by Fabric blog for their Tute-Happy Summer!
For me, nothing says summer like thoughts of spending time around water, whether on a beach, in a boat, at a pool, or in a summer rain shower. I selected a grouping of 9 Fabri-Quilt cotton solids (Navy, Royal, Lapis Blue, Teal, Turquoise, Waterfall, Purple, Lavender, and White) to create the Marine Hues palette, and playing off a nautical theme I created a fun, skill building mini quilt.
This mini quilt will help develop consistent ¼ʺ seam allowance skills, agility in handling smaller piecing (1½” wide strips), and familiarity with methods to make some standard quilt blocks that are building blocks for many other patterns.
So please hop on over to the Inspired by Fabric blog to check out the free tutorial!
For a chance to win a Marine Hues bundle that you can use to make your own Nautical Mini Quilt, please follow the Inspired by Fabric blog (either by email or blog reader) and let me know how you are following them in a comment below. The giveaway is open to everyone (international entries welcome), and the giveaway will be open through Sunday, August 23rd at 11:59 pm EDT when I will use a random number generator to select a winner from the comments. Good luck!
90 thoughts on “Nautical Mini Quilt, Tutorial, & Giveaway!”
53. I follow Inspired By Fabric by email. Your quilt is lovely!
54. I follow with bloglovin. I am so making this quilt
55. Fabulous quilt and I follow w/ blog lovn!
56. love your quilt. i am following inspired by fabric on blog lovin’.
57. I signed up to follow Inspired by Fabric by email. Great looking quilt. However, forgive my ignorance since maybe it’s due to living in a land-locked state with not many bodies of water and the ocean over a thousand miles away (ND) but can you tell me what makes this quilt nautical besides the fabric being from a collection called Marine Hues?
58. Love it! I’ll definitely be popping over the check out the tut…though the purist in me would likely do true to life coloured flags! One doesn’t mess with nautical tradition where I live!
59. I’m following using bloglovin’. I really like this quilt and totally love the reference to signal flags.
60. I follow with bloglovin’. What a beautiful quilt!
61. I signed up to follow Inspired by Fabric via bloglovin.
62. I follow Inspired by Fabric’s blog with GFC.
63. I follow Inspired by Fabric on Bloglovin.
64. I signed up to follow Inspired By Fabric by email.
65. I am quickly becoming a lover of solids and these fabrics are so rich and saturated with color! I follow Inspired By Fabric’s blog on Bloglovin’.
66. My, you have been busy. Really like this quilt and the simplicity of the straight line quilting. I follow the Inspired by Fabric blog via bloglovin.
67. Yvonne, thanks so much for a mini quilt pattern–I’ve decided, as a beginner, that minis are the way to go for now. I need all the practice I can get! 🙂 And the colors are just perfect–I live in Maine and love those coastal colors, too. Oh–I’m following IBF by email.
68. I follow on bloglovin.
69. I am a BL follower. Blue is my favorite quilt color so this is terrific. I like the crisp clean lines.
70. Great quilt and tutorial–thanks for sharing!
I follow Inspired by Fabric via email.
Thanks for the tutorial, its all safely downloaded and saved. I just need some solids…..More shopping required, what a shame.
71. Whoops, must read instructions. I also follow via my blog. Please delete one of these comments, and enter me in the draw. Thanks.
72. I already follow Inspired by Fabric via Bloglovin’. I love nautical themed items. My first husband used to tell me that if didn’t go shopping with me that all my clothes would have been sailor and navy. I even modified some of my suit patterns for work and made some sailor themed suits for work. My son and daughter had lots of sailor clothes when they were young. I love the quilt as you probably have already guessed.
73. hi! am following on bloglovin’. thanks for the giveaway! i love your work! 🙂
74. I love solids, so winning this fabric would be fabulous! I’m following by email and on ‘ Bloglovin’ . I’ve never been able to fix the ( no-reply) status of my blog so my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
I love this tutorial for the nautical wall hanging. I’m going to have to save that for a future project. I really appreciate the tutorials and inspiration you share. Thank you for your generosity!
75. Beautiful as always, Yvonne! It really is a great skill builder project.
I follow via bloglovin 🙂
76. I follow inspired by fabric by email. You really made the solids shine!
77. Hi Yvonne! I hope everything is wonderful in your world this morning! I am now following Inspired by Fabríc on Bloglovin. I think your mini is great and I do love the color palette!
78. How exciting! I actually saw the tutorial before this post because I already follow it with bloglovin. (It looks great, by the way.) I’m not at all surprised that you picked blue fabrics. 😉
79. I’ve started to follow it via blogloving. Thanks for introducing it to us, great blog! And thanks for the chance to win. Love nautical ideas!
80. I love your mini! I follow them with bloglovin x
81. I’m a new follower via bloglovin. Yvonne, I love this mini! It makes me REALLY want to live by the sea and buy a boat. Or at least just make it 🙂 I love the crisp clear color palette and the simplicity provided by solids. It’s bold yet calm at the same time. I’m wracking my brain for friends or family who love nautical stuff so that I can put this on my to-make list!
82. I follow inspired by fabric through email. 🙂
83. I follow on Bloglovin.
84. What a wonderful tutorial. That was a lot of work, there are so many different blocks to give instructions for and all of your diagrams and photographs were great. I follow their blog via bloglovin.
85. I follow Inspired by Fabric on Bloglovin.
86. Yvonne, I love this! My dad is a boat captain and I see this hanging in his office for sure! I am following Inspired by Fabric on Bloglovin as well.
Comments are closed.