Yesterday I blazed through the rest of my color order scraps and I now have all the blocks pieced for my Rainbow Scrap quilt. I barely had enough of the darker green scraps and eeked out a final row that is only 6.5-inches tall. It turns out I didn’t have many purple scraps, either, so it worked out well.
I am really excited by how all the improv blocks look together. When I sew the blocks together, it should measure 44.5-inches wide by 46-inches tall. I am still toying around with a few ideas on how to expand that size a bit, but I think I will see how it looks all sewn together first and then audition some ideas on my design wall to see if anything sticks.
I spent most of my sewing time over the last week making a large batch of 32 bandannas.
The bandannas were a commission for some local friends who are part of the Experimental Soaring Association (sail planes). They will be hosting a workshop over labor day weekend just a few miles from my house, so they wanted to have some appropriately themed (cloud) bandannas to sell.
Sewing something 32 times can get a bit monotonous, so I am glad I had the improve rainbow scrap blocks to indulge in occasionally to break up the repetitive sewing task.