I am so excited to announce the release of my newest pattern, Beanie Cap! The Beanie Cap digital quilt pattern is currently available for sale in my pattern shop for $6 through Sunday, July 12th, which is a savings of 33% off of its regular price.
Inspired to make the most of the 1/2 yard bundles I purchased from Alyssa @Pile O’Fabric at QuiltCon, I developed the Beanie Cap pattern. The piecing is a lot less complicated than it looks, and there are 3 great color way options presented in the pattern:
To celebrate the pattern release, I have teamed up with Alyssa @Pile O’Fabric to create fabric bundles / quilt kits that are perfect for the Beanie Cap pattern.
- Colorway #1 is a Different Quadrants Blue / Green Bundle
- Colorway #2 is a Different Quadrants Green / Purple Kona Solids Bundle
- Colorway #3 is a Different Quadrants Rainbow Bundle
The bundles are available from Pile O’Fabric while supplies last!
The Beanie Cap quilt top finishes out at 66-inches square prior to quilting and washing. I especially like the movement the swirls in each diamond quadrant give the quilt, and I had a lot of fun quilting my test version!
To emphasize the motion of the pattern, I chose to use matchstick quilting and change the direction of the quilting. In the background, I alternated directions as well using long, flowing back and forth lines. For the center pinwheels I quilted a dense meandering loop to give great texture, and in the accent pieces I used an arcing ribbon candy to create fun secondary designs where the patterns meet in the center quadrant. I used 50wt Aurifil #2610 for the piecing and quilting, and I love how the grey blends in to just leave a great texture on the quilt.
The quilt pattern comes with a coloring page to help you select your fabric or even doodle you own ideas for quilting patterns!
To celebrate the pattern release, Alyssa @Pile O’Fabric is generously offering (1) Colorway #2 bundle as a giveaway, and I will supply the winner with a digital PDF of the quilt pattern!
Entries accepted Monday, June 29th, through Saturday, July 4th. I will close the comments on Saturday evening and use a random number generator to select a winner, whom I will announce on my blog on Sunday, July 5th. You can enter up to two times by leaving two comments answering the questions below:
- What is your favorite quilting color combination?
- Old and new followers of Quilting Jetgirl alike: how do you follow my blog (options available on the sidebar to the right: email, Bloglovin’, Feedly, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook…)?
P.S. I always try to respond to comments, but may not be able to on giveaway posts due to the high number of comments. Please know I appreciate your visit and hope you follow or come back again!
*** Special thanks to Renee @Quilts of a Feather for help editing the Beanie Cap pattern. ***
Linking up to Main Crush Monday, Monday Makers, and Finish it up Friday.
113 thoughts on “Beanie Cap Pattern Release & Giveaway”
102. I am currently in love with red and aqua combinations. Great pattern and love the quilting.
103. Love using neutrals with a pop of yellow but I always like to stick in an unexpected colour too to make the quilt unique 🙂
Follower on Instagram -love it!
104. i love using navy, turquoise & white. I think I have 3 quilts with those colors.
105. email follower 10750coupons at gmail dot com
106. This is such a great design Yvonne (and your quilting is gorgeous!) I love navy, green and citron at the moment!
107. I follow via bloglovin
108. Favorite color combo blue and teal.
109. I love the pattern and colorway 3! The more colors the better. 🙂
110. I follow via bloglovin. 🙂
111. I love pink and aqua! Thanks Yvonne – a gorgeous pattern
112. I follow on Bloglovin!
Comments are closed.