I am honored that Judy @Quilt Paradigm nominated me for the Lovely Blog Award. If you are nominated and accept the nomination, you write a post acknowledging who nominated you, you include 7 things that your readers might not know about you, and then you nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
I didn’t look into whether these ladies have been nominated before or not (although I did pay attention to who Judy nominated and did not double nominate from her list!). I am nominating these blogs because I find them to be awesome individuals and quilters. I enjoy the quilts that they make, AND the community that they represent.
- Amy @13 Spools
- Daisy @Ants to Sugar
- Audrey @Hot Pink Quilts
- Kitty @Night Quilter
- Stephanie @Late Night Quilter
- Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs
- Terri Ann @Childlike Fascination
- Carla @Granny Maud’s Girl
- Serena @Sew Giving
- Sarah @Smiles Too Loudly
7 Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. I have hazel eyes: my irises have a blue outer rim, green in the middle, and golden brown near my pupil. When I cry, my eyes turn a bright, almost electric, green.
2. I learned to east coast swing in college with a fun group of friends, and I love to swing dance. My husband also learned in college and we will occasionally get up the nerve to swing dance together at parties or friend’s weddings.
3. I was a stubborn baby. I was born several weeks late. In the photo above, my mom is smiling because she knows that whatever happens, she was going to be induced the next day. Given the eminent domain notice, I finally allowed nature to take its course, though (conveniently in the middle of the night, of course).
4. This past weekend I had my camera on the beach and was asked by strangers to capture a proposal. I was happy to agree, and I think I was able to get a couple of really great photos of the engagement. Mostly, I was happy that she said, “yes!” and that the ring did not get lost in the surf!
5. My husband and I made each other’s engagement rings. Michael investment cast my gold band, carefully picked out my diamond (going so far as to send the first diamond he thought might work back), and set it! I turned his titanium ring on his lathe (photo above). We also encourage all our friends to make each other’s wedding bands, and the same chunk of titanium bar stock that was used to make my husband’s ring is used in 3 other friend’s wedding rings. There is no better feeling than sharing love.
6. I enjoy writing silly haikus to share with friends. Especially when I can look like a guilty squirrel.
7. I got an opportunity on my birthday in 2013 to fly “chase” in an Extra 300 on a flight test of an experimental vehicle that I helped design and build. My role was to capture photos and video of the test flight in the passenger / front seat. We flew up to 14,000 feet and watched the test flight and then were in close formation until the experimental vehicle landed. I strapped a GoPro to my head to record the event, and I had to take a “selfie” with my camera to make sure I had the GoPro recording. 😉