A little over 2 months ago, I put out a request for quilt blocks. I spent most of last week sorting through all of the blocks received, trimming them down to size (if needed), sewing a bit more fabric to get them up to size (if needed), and making a few more blocks for each quilt to get them to a size and layout to make a nice lap quilt. Each quilt will have 60 blocks and finish around 57 inches by 65 inches!
The quilts have letters that spell out the children’s names, and I have blocked them out of the images below to protect their privacy.
Miss A and a local friend are going to be filling in the 2 gaps you see in the lower row of the image above. 🙂
Fewer people sent in blocks for Mr. L’s quilt, which turned out to be pretty much perfect. I was able to sew together more keyboard blocks to create two nice keyboard borders to finish out the quilt! There are also 3 blocks that are only single pieces of fabric at the moment, but Mr. L and a local friend are going to work on blocks to replace them.
Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to these quilts. Miss A and Mr. L’s mother was moved to tears and touched by how many people have reached out to participate in creating these quilts.
I am really excited to get together with the children and determine the final layout of the blocks!