My mother and I collaborated to create a baby quilt for close friends. My mom pieced the quilt top and made an AWESOME quilt label. I did some quick piecing for the backing, quilted, and bound the quilt. Mom passed along the quilt to me when I was at QuiltCon, and I got the quilt done and shipped barely in time (they received the quilt on Wednesday, and baby was born on Thursday!)
My mom has really been inspired by Jacquie Gering, and her wonky log cabin blocks are a lot of fun. There are some fabulous Tula Pink Saltwater prints and she used some of Angela Walter’s Drift prints, too.
I had quilt holding duties this time, and I think it is quite silly to see my legs and feet peaking out underneath the quilt.
I just love the label that my mom made for the back of the quilt!
I used a large ribbon candy quilting pattern in the borders with a navy blue Mettler 50 wt thread. For the blocks I used 50 wt Aurfil 2024 (white) and quilted meandering spirals or waves.
I did not really keep track of my time spent on this quilt since I only did some of the work. But I did track the sizes of the quilt!
- Finished Flimsy: 42-inches wide by 60.5-inches tall
- After Quilting / Binding: 40.5-inches wide by 59-inches tall
- After First Wash: 39-inches wide by 56-inches tall (~7% shrinkage)
I used Quilter’s Dream Green batting.