Continuing our discussions about design and philosophy, I thought this week I would introduce you to another resource that I use to keep my creative juices flowing and motivated. A few months ago, a friend suggested that I check out Marie Forleo. She is a life and business coach, and I immediately connected with some of the guiding principals of her company:
- Everything is figureoutable.
- Intuition rules.
- Never create a product or service “just for the money.”
- Caring is the most powerful marketing strategy there is.
Once a week she publishes a new MarieTV video, and I really enjoyed the video from last week: “Feel Like It’s All Been Done Before?”
If you don’t have about 8 minutes to watch the video, here are the highlights that spoke the most to me.
- There is more than enough to go around.
- Every single pro starts off as an amateur.
- Train yourself to chose love over fear.
- Stop going down the “comparison rabbit hole”. Focus on love and you will find yourself feeling connected, whole, and respecting your inner genius.
Do you have any non-quilting related authors, bloggers, or resources that help keep you inspired?