I purposefully stayed away from my quilting / crafting photos – I think you have all seen what I am working on and probably have an inkling of the quilts I love the most (for now). Instead, I culled through my personal photo stash from the past year or two. All the photos below were taken by me except for photos 1, 5, 6, and 7. Photo credit for those images goes to my husband, Michael.
Left to Right, Top to Bottom
- Flying. Seen here with CJ Sturckow preparing to fly in an Extra 300 (the smaller blue winged plane behind us) on my birthday, September 5, 2013.
- Sunset over the Pacific Ocean, Oahu, Hawaii
- Humpback Whale Tail Fluke, Monterey Bay, California
- My husband, Michael, suited up as Flight Test Engineer in Proteus next to pilot Clint Nichols (aka Clintosan), April 2013.
- Snorkeling with my husband, Oahu, Hawaii
- Hiking in the Sierra Mountains
- Driving the 1943 GPW my husband restored for the first time
- Lenticular clouds over the Sierra Mountains
- My goofy husband
- Jeeping / Off-roading in Death Valley. The Maggiolina on the top of our Jeep is a pop up tent!
- Sunset at Ruby Beach, Washington
- Aerial photograph of the Pacific Ocean from a helicopter, Maui, Hawaii
I surprise myself by how much I love adventure. I’ll hop on any helicopter, gyroplane, or airplane if I trust the pilot. I love swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. Spending time alone in the mountains hiking or Jeeping with my husband is one of my favorite summer weekend activities. I am captivated by nature – from the tiny chorus frogs that manage to survive in the desert here to the majestic and beautiful cloud formations that we get treated to. I love to do these things, and I love them in balance with my cozy, quiet, crafting life at home. I am thankful to have the opportunity to explore all of these sides of myself.
This was a wonderful and joyous experience. If you want to create a mosaic of the things you love, I recommend you try the online Mosaic Maker by Big Huge Labs.