I finished piecing together Tessellated Leaves this morning. I really love how it came together! Photographing this large quilt is a bit of a challenge. At 104ʺ wide by 116ʺ long, I wasn’t sure that I even had a space in my home where I could lay it out flat, but as you can see below, I found a space to squeeze it in.
Before I took it down off my design wall for the final piecing of the rows and border, it was dragging on the floor. And now that my design wall is bare again, my sewing room feels so empty!
It took 53.5 hours, including design and fabric prep time, to complete the quilt top. I need to get the batting and come up with a quilting plan. I expect it will be a few weeks before I quilt it, but I hope to have it finished up prior to Christmas break. For those of you who follow me on Instagram, thanks for bearing along with all my update posts and photos. Every half row was a big milestone for me. Below are a few more fun photos of the pieced top, because I just can’t resist the color gradient.
Linking up to WiP Wednesday and Let’s Bee Social (buttons on sidebar).