Namibia Trees
2014 Finished Quilts, Quilts

Namibia Trees {Completed Quilt}

This might just be my favorite quilt to have worked on (so far!). I really enjoyed creating this quilt, and if you are interested in the process, you can find out more by looking at my previous posts about this quilt:

I entered Namibia Trees into my local fair, so it will be out of my hands in August. I think I might also submit it to QuiltCon 2015, but as quilt registration is open through November for QuiltCon, I have a bit of time to consider what I might submit. I did set up my photo shoot following the MQG suggestions, so I think I have good photographs for submitting this quilt for consideration should I decide to do so.

Namibia Trees

Namibia Trees

Namibia Trees - Quilting Detail

Namibia Trees – Quilting Detail

Namibia Trees - Backing

Namibia Trees – Backing

Namibia Trees - Quilting Detail

Namibia Trees – Quilting Detail

Namibia Trees - Label

Namibia Trees – Label

21 thoughts on “Namibia Trees {Completed Quilt}

1. cauchy09 says:

oh, this is a gorgeous piece of artwork! you might consider submitting to an AQS show instead of or in addition to QuiltCon. this needs to be seen. xo

2. Shauna says:

awesome quilting, love how you did the frames around the trees, beautiful

3. Beth S. says:

The quilting on this is great and the pictures do such a great job of showcasing that. Great job!

4. Renee says:

It’s beautiful! Love the binding choice! I’m so excited to see so many people’s quilts at QuiltCon, I hope you enter it!

5. Jasmine says:

I can see why you love it so much. The binding was a perfect choice. It really emphasizes the trees.

6. Vera says:

Well done! It’s lovely. I like everything about it.

7. Audrey says:

It looks amazing! I love this quilt! YUM.

8. Joanna says:

I love your quilting and how it all stands out on the back! Your leaf quilting is gorgeous!

9. Liz says:

It looks great! Good luck in the fair, I’m sure it’ll dazzle everyone!!

10. Judy says:

Namibia Trees is amazing! I hope you don’t get sick of me saying that about your work πŸ™‚ You can submit two quilts to QuiltCon. . . just a thought – this is fabulous!! Love the quilting!

So I’ve noticed orange is a hot color for you lately πŸ™‚ Have you seen the orange fabrics in the Carol Freidlander Botanics line? Nothing short of amazing! Not that I’m enabling shopping or anything πŸ™‚

11. Cheryl says:

I love that tree print and your quilting is just wonderful!

12. That tree print goes great with this project! Love the quilting detail as well. Great job on this finish πŸ™‚

13. It’s so beautiful! I love how the different quilting designs really define each element of the quilt. Fabulous job.

14. Cille says:

Wow…. It’s a fantastic quilt!