I went to my stash this weekend and pulled up a fabulously fun print that my mother-in-law found for me at a yard sale a few years ago. It is about 1.25 yards of fabric, and the print is so fun that I didn’t want to really cut into it. I quickly decided it would be the “backing” for a quick baby quilt, so I pulled some coordinating solids to make a pieced top.
This is going to be a bright quilt! Since the size is limited to the fun dragon print, I decided to make 7″ blocks and create a quick 40″ by 40″ pieced top with random block placement.
The more I think about it, the more I consider the dragon print to be the top of the quilt and this bright pieced block set to be the back.
With just an just an hour and a half invested in this project, I am ready to bind and quilt. I plan on using YLI’s primary colors variegated thread and stitching a flame pattern to go with the dragon motif. Should be a lot of fun!
In other news, my parents are coming out for a visit and arrive a little bit later today. I will probably be a bit less active both in quilting and in the blog-o-sphere while I get a chance to catch up with them.
Linking up to WiP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.