I am really excited to be able to share the finish photos of Synesthetic Alphabet! This has truly been a collaborative effort with my husband, and the story of the creation of this quilt can be found in my previous posts.
It felt really good to be able to finish up this special quilt yesterday. I took care to photograph it before and after its first wash. The tricks I used (rolled up tape sticking the quilt to a wall in the garage) to help me photograph the “before” shots did not work as well for me this morning, so I might come back and update these photos if I can get it to work later this afternoon if the wind dies down.
The natural crinkle that a quilt gets is the perfect touch to complete this quilt.
The quilt shrunk a bit more than I was hoping, so I won’t be able to submit this as an entry to the Modern Quilt Guild Showcase at International Quilt Festival in Houston like I was planning. The show required a minimum quilt dimension of 36″, and pre-wash my short edge started at 39″ but shrunk to right at 35″. I could probably iron or stretch it out… but I feel like it would just be asking for trouble if it arrived at a show and wasn’t the right size “out of the box”.
Sometime soon this will be hung up in my sewing room, then. I’ll finally have a quilt to look at for inspiration as I am sewing. 🙂
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!