As I mentioned in my last post (Modern Mystery Quilt), I have several quilt projects in the works using Weeks’ and Bill’s book “Quilts Made Modern“. I just completed my first project – the transparency quilt. I have been wanting to make a large quilt for my bed at home to replace the quilt I made at the beginning of my marriage. After almost 10 years it is showing signs of wear, and even with fresh binding, it is time to retire the quilt. I love blue, yellow, and white, so when I saw the transparency pattern in Quilts Made Modern, I knew I could turn it into something for us! I went through lots of fabric before settling on the final fabrics. I wanted a blue and yellow solid with a batik blender, and I am really pleased with how it turned out. Based on comments from friends and family, I’m glad to hear that other people can see what I was trying to accomplish with Weeks’ and Bill’s help!
Piecing the top went very quickly as the sizes of blocks were large and the only real “piecing” were some simple nine patch blocks. I sent this quilt off to be quilted by a long arm, which freed me up to complete several other projects!
This is the 9th quilt I completed in 2012 (and my 22nd quilt in the last 3 years), which I think is a pretty awesome accomplishment. I hope 2013 is just as productive!