Hi! I am Yvonne Fuchs, aka Quilting Jetgirl. Welcome!
Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl | Quilter | Designer | Blogger
I am an intuitive introvert who is passionate about hometown and online quilting community, and I believe that quilts can cover the world with care and love. I use my blogging platform to cultivate a community with which I share my passion for quilt making and quilt pattern design.
I have a selection of instant download PDF Quilt Patterns for sale. My patterns have been tested and/or reviewed by other quilters, and I document my process and other ideas and tutorials related to quilting here on my blog. To purchase a pattern, visit my Craftsy Pattern store or Quilting Jetgirl Etsy Store.
To get to know more about the power of the quilting community, you can join the philosophy discussions that are hosted here on a regular basis. I have a growing set of tips and tutorials including technical topics such as search engine optimization, how to perform a reverse image search, and tips for hosting linky parties.
In my earlier career, I worked as an aerospace engineer until April 2014 when I radically redesigned my life to focus on my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. My company name, Quilting Jetgirl, is a blend of my professional histories and the tagline “Sewing at the Speed of Sound” is a nod to my work on the second privately funded (non-government) vehicle to break the sound barrier. I have been quilting for 20+ years and I credit quilting with helping me feel balanced and connected to both my local hometown community and a larger global community. My pattern writing is heavily influenced by my technical background, and I strongly believe that:
- You are creative.
- Nobody and nothing is perfect: You are doing your best work right now.
- The secret to success is to show up, try, learn, modify, and repeat.
- We all sew at the speed of sound; sometimes it will sound faster than others.
If you would like to get in touch with Yvonne (Quilting Jetgirl), you can do so via email using:
Quilting Honors & Awards
I am a professional quilter. I work full time making commissioned quilts, designing quilt patterns, and growing my online quilting community through my blog and social media.
I have published patterns in:
- Sew Mama Sew – Connection Block and Dancing Diamonds
- The Quilter’s Planner 2016 – Yearly planner designed by Stephanie Palmer of Late Night Planner
- The Quilter’s Planner 2017
- Starlight Crystals quilt pattern
- 17 PDF based self published patterns (8 of which are also printed patterns) with plans for many more
- QuiltCon16 Magazine (Interweave) – Sunburst (quilt pattern)
- Modern Quilt Guild Quilt of the Month (November 2016) – Oh Happy Day
I am an award winning quilter:
- My quilts Beacon and Triangle Transparency were accepted to show at AQS Grand
Rapids, August 2016.
- My quilt Triangle Transparency was accepted into the Modern Quilt Guild’s 2016
QuiltCon quilt show in Pasadena in February 2016. Triangle Transparency won the
original design category at the spring 2015 Blogger’s Quilt Festival.
- My quilt Sunburst was accepted into the Modern Quilt Guild’s 2016 QuiltCon show in
Pasadena in February 2016 and the special exhibit Modern Quilt Guild Showcase
2016: International Quilts. Sunburst was also the cover for the QuiltCon16 magazine.
- Cirrus Solids Block of the Month Design Winner, July 2015, for my block design “On a
- My quilt Namibia Trees won a first place ribbon in the large quilts, home machine
quilted category at the 2014 Antelope Valley Alfalfa Festival.
- My mini quilt Shooting Star won second place in the mini quilt category at the 2014
Antelope Valley Alfalfa Festival.
- I was one of 31 quilted selected to participate in the Jaftex 85th anniversary blog hop,
and the quilt I created, Prismatic Rainbow, is featured in their celebratory look book.
I continue to enter quilt shows and encourage others to do so. You can most quickly view my quilts by
browsing the Quilt Gallery tab of my webpage.
Modern Quilt Guild Quilt of the Month (November 2016) – Oh Happy Day
Cirrus Solids Block of the Month Design Winner, July 2015
“It might be 100 degrees out, but luckily for us Yvonne of QUILTING JETGIRL designed a cool block that has us dreaming of the ski slopes as we sew up July’s winning design for the CIRRUS SOLIDS BOM CHALLENGE. Yvonne even has a quick tutorial on how to design your own blocks on her blog, as well as a ton of other inspiration, so now is a great time to escape the heat, stay inside, and get sewing.”
Original Quilt Pattern Design Winner
Blogger’s Quilt Festival hosted by Amy’s Creative Side
Awarded for Triangle Transparency
If you would like to contact Yvonne, she can be reached at jetgirl8 (at) gmail (dot) com